SHREE KASHI MATH
Shree Kashi Mutt belongs to Vaishnava tradition. As per request by Gowda
Saraswat Samaj, Srimat Vijayeendra Tirtha Swamiji of Kumbhakonam mutt, on orders
from his Guru Shreemat Sureendra Tirtha Swamiji, gave sanyasa deeksha to a Gowda
Saraswat vatu from Kochi in 1542 at Kashi and named him Shreemat Yadavendra Tirtha.
He is the first Guru of Shree Kashi Mutt. Shreemat Sudhindra Tirtha Swamiji, 20th in
this Guru parampara is the present Peetadhipati.
Mutt’s Upasya Deva is Shree Vyasa Raghupati and Shree Narasimha Deva.
1) Ambalamedu 2)Bangalore 3) Basrur 4) Bantwala
5) Hemmadi 6) Bhagamandal 7) Bhatkal 8) Dahisar (Mumbai)
9) Bandoda (Goa) 10) Kalpi 11) Karkala 12) Khed
13) Konchadi 14) Kota 15) Chennai 16) Manjeshwar
17) Nagpur 18) Nasik 19) Nayampalli 20) Palliport
21) Prayag (Allahabad) 22) Rameshwar 23) Shirva
24) Sasthan 25) Haridwar 26) Suratkal 27) Tirupati
28) Kallikote 29) Walkeshwar (Mumbai) 30) Hubballi
In Mangalore Sri Srinivasa Nigamagama school is conducted on behalf of the
mutt. Here, students are provided vaidik education and taught systems of puja etc.
Shree Sukrateendra Balakashram in Srinivasashrama of Karkala, Shree
Bhuvanendra Balakashrama of Basroor and Shree Varadendra Balashrama of
Ambalmedu provide free education (upto metriculation), boarding and lodging to students
of Gowda Saraswat Samaj. In Dahisar (Mumbai) Shree Varadendra Charitable Trust
provides medical aid to the public. Also in Dahisar a magnificent mandir, dedicated to
Shree Vittala Rakumai built in mutt premises has turned out to be a veritable hub of social,
cultural and religious activities of Gowda Saraswats, and a favourite of local communities.
In Haridwar mutt, a medical centre called Shree Madhavendra Charitable Hospital
provides medical facility to locals. Mutt has a goshala (cow shed) here. Every day
annadana (food distribution) is provided on behalf of the mutt.